MentorMyWay Terms and Conditions
This Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you are not authorized to use this Website and will not be afforded access to any features of this Website that allow for you to provide information to us or to share information with other users of this Website.
MENTORMYWAY STRONGLY ADVISES YOU TO USE EXTREME CAUTION BEFORE SHARING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH OTHER USERS OF THIS WEBSITE.
By accessing this Website, you agree to use any personal information provided to you by other users of this Website in a lawful and responsible manner. You further agree that you will not use personal information about other users of this Website for any reason without the express prior consent of the user that has provided such information to you.
MentorMyWay uses industry standard efforts, such as firewalls, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. However, perfect security does not exist on the internet; MentorMyWay cannot and does not guarantee that any personally identifiable information provided to us will not become public under any circumstances.
In certain instances, MentorMyWay may agree to provide you with access to secure, password protected pages of the Website. Such access is restricted to authorized users only; any attempt by you to access these areas without authorization may subject you to criminal or civil liability.
This Website may contain links to other websites that are not operated or controlled by MentorMyWay. Use of these links to access other Internet sites is at your own risk. MentorMyWay is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or quality of any information or services provided or products sold at these sites. MentorMyWay establishes links to other websites for the convenience of its users; however, such links are not intended to be an endorsement of the other website.
THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND MAY NOT BE COPIED OR OTHERWISE REPRODUCED WITHOUT MENTORMYWAYS WRITTEN PERMISSION EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE. USERS MAY NOT PUBLISH OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PUBLIC OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
The products and services mentioned or promoted on the Website, including password protected information relating thereto may be changed by MentorMyWay at any time without notice. Information about products or services offered by third parties are referred to on the Website for information purposes only. MentorMyWays provision of any such information is not intended to constitute an endorsement or recommendation, by MentorMyWay, of such products or services.
USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED AS IS, WHERE IS, AS AN ACCOMMODATION, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, NOR DOES MENTORMYWAY PROVIDE ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND IN RESPECT OF ANY GOODS AND SERVICES PURCHASED OR PROVIDED VIA THIS WEBSITE (UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY STATED IN WRITING IN THE RELEVANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE) OR ANY LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE. MENTORMYWAY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT IN RESPECT OF THIS WEBSITE AND ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED VIA THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL MENTORMYWAY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF ANY INACCURACY OR ERROR IN THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE, ANY DEFICIENCY, ERROR OR INTERRUPTION IN THE WEBSITE, OR ANY DEFICIENCY, DEFECT OR FAILURE OF ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR PROVIDED VIA THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE. MENTORMYWAY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT GOODS, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA OR EQUIPMENT ARISING OUT OF YOUR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE, THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY DEFICIENCY, DEFECT OR FAILURE OF ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR PROVIDED VIA THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKS TO THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF MENTORMYWAY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF ANY DEFICIENCY, DEFECT, FAILURE, ERROR OR INTERRUPTION SHALL BE TO REQUEST THAT MENTORMYWAY CORRECT THE MATTER OR, IF MENTORMYWAY FAILS TO DO SO, TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY RELEVANT GOODS OR SERVICES AT YOUR OPTION.
Your use of this Website is governed by all applicable laws and regulations of the United States and any state and locality having jurisdiction. Information on this Website may be subject to U.S. export control restrictions. Your use of this Website may be subject to the laws of other countries if you are not located in the United States.
You agree to create only one unique profile. In addition, in order to maintain the integrity of the Website, by joining, you agree that your use of the Website shall be for bona fide mentorship-seeking purposes (for example, you may not use the Website solely to compile a report of available mentors in your area, or to write a school research paper). From time to time, we may create test profiles in order to monitor the operation of our services.
The Website is for your personal use only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. At this time organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not join and use the Website for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or using personal identifying information for commercial purposes, linking to the Website, or unauthorized framing may be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress. Use of the Website is with our permission, which may be revoked at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion. At our sole discretion, we may take reasonable steps, including limiting the numbers of emails you send or receive and electronically filtering or throttling or terminating your e-mail.
In your digital interactions with other users (including, but not limited to: site messages), you agree to conduct yourself civilly and respectfully. While using the website, you agree that you shall not under any circumstances harass or make mischief against any other user of the Website. MentorMyWay reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, what constitutes harassment or mischief, and where that has occurred; and may, also at its sole discretion, partially or completely deny service to any infringing party.
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, zip code, and email address We also request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information In addition we prohibit to use of offensive language or photographs throughout the entire site.
Information about others. We may collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name, address and email address. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website. Other cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to the registration data you have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, in hashed, non-human readable form. No personally identifiable information is contained in these cookies. To opt-out of these cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested
- manage your account and provide you with customer support
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes
- enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions
- manage our business
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
Service providers: We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address), with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, member screenings, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us by submitting this request to [email protected] You may be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. We require a reasonable time to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications, will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
We take appropriate security measures (including electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our website. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
We provide areas on our websites where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others or upload content such as photographs. Such postings are governed by our Terms & Conditions. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
Although our website is a general audience site, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above.
Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Cookies on our website do not link to or store your personal information.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name associated with your user or member ID in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions. If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web Beacons: Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. Third parties may use anonymous information about your visits to our site and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
MentorMyWay Safety Tips
As a leader in facilitating mentoring relationships, MentorMyWay recommends that its members follow a few basic tipsboth online and offline. Take a few minutes to read the following safety tips to keep your experience enjoyable and secure.
NEVER share your personal or financial information with people you dont know. Make sure to follow these guidelines at all times when meeting new people online:
- DONT ever send money to someone you meet online, especially by wire transfer. Keep in mind that wiring money is like sending cash: the sender has no protections against loss. Scammers often insist that people wire money, especially overseas, because its nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace the money. Dont wire money to strangers or to someone who claims to be in an emergency (and wants to keep the request a secret)
- Dont give out your credit card number or bank info
- Dont share your personal info, such as SSN, address, etc
There are certain red flags to watch for that may indicate youre dealing with a scammer. Be aware of anyone who
- Quickly asks to talk or chat on an outside email or messaging service
- Vanishes mysteriously from the site, then reappears under a different name
- Talks about destiny or fate
- Claims to be recently widowed
- Asks for your address under the guise of sending flowers or gifts
- Makes an inordinate amount of grammar and/or spelling errors
- Claims to be from U.S. but currently traveling, living or working abroad
- Asks you for money
Report any suspicious activity or behavior to us at immediately. Its better to be safe than sorry, especially when it comes to your money.
There is no substitute for acting with caution when communicating with any stranger who wants to meet you. You are in control of your online mentoring experience at all times. Remember to always trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe or threatened, cease communication and report any misbehavior immediately to .
- Guard your identity. Dont share your personal phone numbers, email address, home address or any other identifying information while messaging until you have established a reasonable level of trust with the other party. Do not post personal contact information in your profile
- Protect your online access information. Use caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. If you share your computer with others, consider disabling your auto-sign in feature if you have linked an auto log-in program or feature to your MentorMyWay account
- Get to know the other person online before meeting them offline. Use the tools available through MentorMyWay that protect your anonymity to get to know someone before meeting them in person. If you would like more information about someone, we recommend using the internet and government resources available to everyone
- Minors using the service
- Members sending harassing or offensive messages
- Members asking you for money or donations
- Members behaving inappropriately after meeting in person
- Fraudulent registration or profiles
- Spam or solicitation, such as invitations to call 1-900 numbers or attempts to sell products or services
- Copyright infringement
- Any other violation of MentorMyWay's policies
First meetings are exciting, however, always take precautions and use the following guidelines.
- Always meet in public. Meet for the first time in a populated, public locationnever in a private or remote location
- Tell a friend. Inform a friend or family member of your plans and when and where youre going. If you own a mobile phone, make sure you have it with you
- Stay sober. Do not do anything that would impair your judgment
- Drive yourself to and from the first meeting. Just in case things dont work out, you need to be in control of your own rideeven if you take a taxi
- Dont leave personal items unattended. You dont want to risk having personal information stolen. If youre drinking, keep your drink with you at all times so it cant be tampered with
- Stay in a public place on the first meeting
Long distance meetings pose special safety concerns to take into account. Keep these tips in mind.
- Stay in a hotel. If you cant afford a hotel, dont go. DO NOT stay in the other persons home
- Use a taxi or rental car to get to and from the airport. Even if the person youre meeting volunteers to pick you up from the airport, do not get into a personal vehicle with someone youve never met
- Keep your hotel location confidential. The person youre meeting should respect your privacy until you know each other
- Remember to keep your family and friends posted. Tell someone who you are meeting, where you are going and when you will return